Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commerce Catalog find fails

Vote:

Hi,

We are using Commerce 8.x and that is configured to use lucene as search provider for catalog search. On one of our client environment the search fails to return anything back and the error

is 

ERROR Mediachase.Search.SearchManager: Search failed.
Lucene.Net.Store.NoSuchDirectoryException: directory 'C:\zzzzzz\App_Data\Search\ECApplication\ECApplication\catalog' does not exist

and eventually it fails with the following error

EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Providers.ProductSearchProviderBase: Error when parsing search product catalog input query
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The config mentioned is config from episervers' media chase and not picking the one from commerce websites, any clues why?

Thanks,

Rams

Apr 30, 2018 12:04
Vote:

Make sure you have correct configuration in front-end website\Configs\Mediachase.search.config. Sounds like the path for saving the index data was wrong.

Apr 30, 2018 15:58
Vote:

Hi Quan,

When you say front end, can you please detail more?

We have Episerver website and commerce website which are hosted seperately.  Both has Mediachase configs in the configs folder.

Both are configured to use basepath 

For Commerece as shown below 

<Indexers basePath="[appDataPath]\Search\ECApplication\">
    <add name="catalog" type="Mediachase.Search.Extensions.Indexers.CatalogIndexBuilder, Mediachase.Search.Extensions" />
</Indexers>

However, the episerver one is configured to a different path, now when I serach something on commerce catalog from episerver UI, the error is thrown showing the path is not found though I am searching catalogs.

Thanks,

Rams

May 01, 2018 12:27
Vote:

It's the CMS site, some people refer it as front-end site, as opposed with backend/Commerce Manager.

What is the appDataPath for your CMS site? 

May 01, 2018 20:05
Vote:

@Rams: For an example of config setup, see: https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Episerver-Commerce/Thread-Container/2018/1/issue-with-catalog-search/

May 02, 2018 9:45
Vote:

@Quan the app path for the CMS is the one tha is erroring. Which is shown on the intial post.

@Mari, Thanks for stepping in, will give it a go.

Thanks,

Rams

May 02, 2018 10:31
Vote:

I think I understand the problem now. because you have two different paths for CMS and Commerce Manager, so there was no index for CMS site to use. best practice is usually to have them point to a shared path. Otherwise you would need to run the "Full Search Index" job to index on CMS site. 

May 02, 2018 10:39
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.