Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Commerce for accommodation sites - high level approach recommendations

Vote:

Hi

I'm scoping out a project for an accommodation site and was wondering, at a high level, if anyone has advice for the best approach?

I’ve never had to consider implementing such product types which might be complex for pricing (and availability) as each day could have different pricing which also could be affected by how many nights are stayed..

Is there a general approach that you could outline what typical customisation needs to be made to allow for this? How do they add a set of days to the cart? Thinking have to change IPriceService quite heavily? And also change Inventory handling to be quite different or replaced completely?

Anyway, like I said, just interested in a high level approach - hopefully someone here has seen an accommodation implementation with Commerce :)

Matt

Feb 26, 2018 8:21
Vote:

I've not done any hotel booking implementation (or more precisely, I've done no implementation at all), but I know think we have some customers who have done this. You can contact a solution architect from us, and they will probably be able to provide implementation summary. 

Edited, Feb 26, 2018 9:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.