Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Catalog Configuration Could not found On Commerce

Vote:

Hi to all,

I am installed Episerver commerce V 10.2.1 Episerver  EPiServer.Commerce.UI.ManagerIntegration v10.2.1 on the commerce site. and Installed Commerce.Commerce manager on the commerce manager site. By referring below link,

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Installation-Instructions/installing-episerver/#Commerce

All the installation complete without any Error, while running the solution I got the error says "The Catalog configuration could not found".

[Exception: The catalog configuration could not be found.]
   Mediachase.Commerce.Catalog.CatalogContext.EnsureCatalogConfigurationExists() +79
   Mediachase.Commerce.Catalog.CatalogContext..cctor() +114

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Mediachase.Commerce.Catalog.CatalogContext' threw an exception.]
   Mediachase.Commerce.Catalog.CatalogContext.EnsureCatalogConfigurationExists() +0
   Mediachase.Commerce.Initialization.CommerceInitialization.ConfigureContainer(ServiceConfigurationContext context) +307
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.b__0() +16
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key) +52
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.ConfigureContainer(ServiceConfigurationContext context) +100
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.ConfigureCurrentModules(Boolean final) +173
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.ExecuteTransition(Boolean continueTransitions) +107
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Initialize() +40
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.<>c.b__7_0(InitializationEngine e) +9
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.EngineExecute(HostType hostType, Action`1 engineAction) +334
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType) +172
   EPiServer.Global..ctor() +77
   CrtCommerce.EPiServerApplication..ctor() +42
   ASP.global_asax..ctor() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vs\09ef131b\b528ea26\App_global.asax.0.cs:0

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +159
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +248
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +75
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +1094
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +212
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +19
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreateNonPublicInstance(Type type, Object[] args) +60
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +273
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +303

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +660
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +90
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +188

How can I solve this?

thank you in advance

Feb 09, 2018 9:15
Vote:

It sounds to me that you have a faulty installation. You might try to copy the configuration over, but who know if other configuration are missing. I'd suggest to try to start over. which site is getting this error and what is in your web.config? 

Feb 09, 2018 14:37
Vote:

Okay, I will verify my web.config file and also install new commerce once again.

and update the comment

Feb 12, 2018 11:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.