Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ApplicationUser user and CustomerContact are created automaticlly? [Commerce 12.8]

Vote:

Hi!

After upgrade to Commerce 12 I have found that we get CustomerContacts with emailaddress as firstname and also an account (ApplicationUser) connected to the contact.
I can't find anywhere in our code that we are creating CustomerContacts this way. Everywhere we are creating we have a registration source and so on. So I wonder if maybe Commerce for some reason are creating accounts and CustomerContacts?

The customer contact has only firstname: myemail@email.com and a UserId: String:myemail@email.com. The rest is empty. The Email column for example is empty.
The CreatorId and ModifiedId, are they connected to something that might give us a hint on who/what created theses contacts?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Oct 29, 2018 12:55
Vote:

Hello

Epi Commerce version 12.10

I don't have an answer for the question of this topic. I faced with similar issue.

I am working on integration of SSO auth system to Episerver site. When system gets Auth token new Commerce contact is created automatically (I look in dbo.cls_Contact table in CM db).

Contact created implicitly and I don't have a clue where, when and by whom. 

The problem is that Email field is empty. But for my case it is very important to have this field filled.

I tryed to debug Episerver code and used SQL profiler but unsuccessfully.

Is there any way to redefine automatically creating action or specify which fields will be used for new contact?

Nov 01, 2018 8:20
Vote:

Sounds like something similiar. We also get contacts with empty email, which create problems. I have made a workaround but of course I would like to know why they are created.

/Kristoffer

Nov 01, 2018 10:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.