Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS and media content is not searchable [11.5]

Vote:

Hi!

In our Commerce solution I cannot search for pages, blocks or media. I guess I'm missing something?

Episerver Search is set to false as in the Quicksilver project:

And the search config looks like this:

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Jan 02, 2018 11:53
Vote:

As far as I understand it, episerver.search being set to off is when you want to be using a different provider such as Episerver Find which would be the default solution in most projects. If you want to use the lucene provider it should be set to on and you want to make sure the admin job has run for the index.

Jan 02, 2018 12:03
Vote:

There documentation on the lucene indexed basesd search provider here 

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/search/Installing-and-deploying-Search-Service/

Jan 02, 2018 12:07
Vote:

The search provider thing-y only works with entries.

To search for CMS pages and media, you will need to install and configure Episerver.Search  (which is not included by default)

Or another option is to use Find. Find supports all contents including catalog items, pages and media. 

Jan 02, 2018 12:24
Vote:

Thanks! I had Episerver.Search installed but not Episerver.Search.Cms. After adding that package it works must fine.

/Kristoffer

Edited, Jan 02, 2018 12:50
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.