Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom admin page similar to Catalog

Vote:

Hi.

I'm trying to create a custom administration page for EPiServer / Commerce - but I have difficulty in finding much documentation / blogs that can help me forward.

The page I'm trying to make will hold various functionality, but I'd like it to "feel" like its a part of EPiServer - my ultimate goal is to get it looking / working similar to the Catalog admin page - , so I'm trying to first get the top navigation menu working properly for it, but I keep running into some minor issues.

I'm working in MVC by the way, if at all possible.

So.....I've created a MenuSection and Menu Item on a PageController which right now returns a dummy view, and that seems to work.
However, I would like this view to include the top navigation menu and it's drop down functionality and I'm struggling finding out how to do this effectively. Most references to extending navigation simply shows the menu item and not the layout.

Does anybody have some advice or resource that illustrate how to include the EPiServer layout?

Secondly, I would like to know if it is possible to include the side panels from Catalog. I've seen some references to creating a CompositeView, but the I've found no actual resource showing how (or if) it can be done. The parts I would like to include is the selection and searching of products.

I hope this make sense :)

With regards

Aug 07, 2017 10:51
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.