Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Removing Dictionary Property Values?

Vote:

I could be blind but I don't see any way to remove these. I made some mistakes when designing the class and

for some reason these values won't go away as I recompile. Do I have to manually remove them from the db and if so what is the sql to use?

Thanks in advance.

Version 10

Edited, Jul 05, 2017 16:32
Vote:

You can go to Commerce Manager, Administration, Catalog System, MetaClass, select your metaclass and unlink the metafield from there

Jul 05, 2017 18:53
Vote:

Thanks but how do I get rid of the actual MetaClass? There are no delete buttons anywhere.

Jul 06, 2017 9:08
Vote:

This might help you: https://world.episerver.com/blogs/Quan-Mai/Dates/2014/10/Clean-up-catalog-metadata-system/

Jul 06, 2017 9:23
Vote:

Ok but the obvious question is, why isn't this built in? Strange that this functionality was omitted from the admin.

Maybe next patch?

Since I am not using webforms (version 10), maybe a better idea would be to create some kind Job out of this but I need to be 100% what SQL to run here.

Edited, Jul 06, 2017 9:29
Vote:

My problem right now Quan, is that I actually get a YSOD when trying to use a variantfield. This is a real show stopper. I really would like some kind of solution for this.

A meta field with the same name as the property 'OuterDiameter' exists, but has another data type. Property type: LongString. Meta field type: EnumMultiValue.

Jul 06, 2017 10:53
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.