Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Select TOP 100 on Mediachase.BusinessFoundation.Data.dll

Vote:

I had an issue with my client because some of the Sizes configured are not returning from BusinessManager.List. After some investigation, I found using the SQL Server Profile the queries are executed with TOP 1000.

My client in this moment has 1117 different sizes.

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT TOP 1000 [t01].[SizeId] AS [SizeId], [t01].[SizeName] AS [SizeName], [t01].[SizeCode] AS [SizeCode]
FROM [cls_Size] AS [t01]'

I developed a solution to get the information from this table.

Can I consider this an EpiServer issue?

There is a solution or path to fix this issue?

May 12, 2017 8:37
Vote:

By default there is a limitation of 1000 BF entities being returned. You can change that value in Configs\baf.data.metaobject.config, change maxListObject to a bigger value. Note that a too big value can affect performance.

Regards,

/Q

May 15, 2017 16:24
Vote:

<p>Hey&nbsp;</p> <p></p> <p>Can we make it to 100000 ? what is the maximum number I could have in this config?</p>
Oct 12, 2017 17:52
Vote:

The value is an int so you can theoretically have up to more than 2 billion. However as I said, too big number can severely affect performance. You have to test for your website 

Oct 12, 2017 18:13
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.