Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Importing DictionaryMultiValue keys

Vote:

Hi.

Is it possible via the CSV import to create new entries in a DictionaryMultiValue property so the users/editors don't have to create them manually in Commerce Manager before hand themselves?

For example - if we have a ProductColor property which is MultiValue (a product can have multiple colors) and they want to import a new cataloge with new colors, then instead of having to manually create the entrires for all the color variances, having the import do it?

May 09, 2017 14:54
Vote:

I think your question is answered here: http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Episerver-Commerce/Thread-Container/2017/4/csv-import-dictionarymultivalue/

Regards,

/Q

May 09, 2017 20:41
Vote:

Thanks, but no - the other question I made was in regards to the actual format of the CSV file; it doesn't answer if it's possible for the import to create the values that do not exists.

For example, if I read in a value of "red, blue, green" but only "red" and "blue" are defined in the dictionary - is there any way, any class I can override, any API I can call, or an import to run, that can create the "green" value for me?
Or will it be a manual process for each value?

Thanks in advance.

Edited, May 10, 2017 8:43
Vote:

Ah sorry - read it too fast.

Yes, it's possible to use APIs to create DictionaryMultiValue - you just can't create it with CSV Import. 

Here's an example of creating a new metafield of type DictionaryMultiValue, and add Hello and World to it. The APIs are not pretty, but they do the work:

var metaField = MetaField.Create(MetaDataContext.Instance, "", metaFieldName, metaFieldName, "",        

MetaDataType.DictionaryMultiValue , 10, false, false, false, false);

if (!metaField.Dictionary.Contains("Hello"))

{     

metaField.Dictionary.Add(new MetaDictionaryItem("Hello"));

}

if (!metaField.Dictionary.Contains("World"))

{     

metaField.Dictionary.Add(new MetaDictionaryItem("World"));

}

May 10, 2017 11:18
Vote:

Ahh great - I'll take a look at it and test it out for my purpose.

Thank you for your time.

May 10, 2017 11:20
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.