Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Updates via Service API not visible in Commerce Catalog

Vote:

I update category date using the Service API. That data is not visible in the Commerce Catalog GUI. The site is updated with the new data. Am I missing something here?

Apr 12, 2017 13:43
Vote:

Hi,

It's very possible that ServiceAPI was not able to fire events which needed by Catalog UI to clear cache, so it still use the old data (Cached).

To verify this, simply try to run iisreset/restart your site. If the data appears in Catalog UI after that, then the problem above is confirmed (Cached data)

In that case, make sure the both ServiceAPI and your site have proper serviceModel configuration (needed by EPiServer.Events to properly fire/listen to events). They should look like this (default installation). The endpoint addresses are important and should match. 

Snippet

<system.serviceModel>
    <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" />
    <extensions>
      <bindingElementExtensions>
        <add name="udpTransportCustom" type="Microsoft.ServiceModel.Samples.UdpTransportElement, EPiServer.Events" />
      </bindingElementExtensions>
    </extensions>
    <services>
      <service name="EPiServer.Events.Remote.EventReplication" behaviorConfiguration="DebugServiceBehaviour">
        <endpoint name="RemoteEventServiceEndPoint" contract="EPiServer.Events.ServiceModel.IEventReplication" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="RemoteEventsBinding" address="soap.udp://239.255.255.19:5000/RemoteEventService" />
      </service>
      <!-- Enable remote service -->
    </services>
    <client>
     <endpoint name="RemoteEventServiceClientEndPoint" address="soap.udp://239.255.255.19:5000/RemoteEventService" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="RemoteEventsBinding" contract="EPiServer.Events.ServiceModel.IEventReplication" />
    </client>
    <behaviors>
      <serviceBehaviors>
        <behavior name="DebugServiceBehaviour">
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
        </behavior>
        <behavior name="CommerceSiteBehavior">
          <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
        </behavior>
      </serviceBehaviors>
      <endpointBehaviors>
        <behavior name="CommerceSiteBehavior">
          <webHttp />
        </behavior>
      </endpointBehaviors>
    </behaviors>
    <bindings>
      <customBinding>
        <binding name="RemoteEventsBinding">
          <binaryMessageEncoding />
          <udpTransportCustom multicast="True" />
        </binding>
      </customBinding>
      <webHttpBinding>
        <binding name="IndexingServiceCustomBinding" maxBufferPoolSize="1073741824" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647" maxBufferSize="2147483647">
          <readerQuotas maxStringContentLength="10000000" />
        </binding>
      </webHttpBinding>
    </bindings>
    <!-- Enable remote service -->
  </system.serviceModel>

Apr 12, 2017 14:15
Vote:

Nope, the data is not updated after iisreset or restart etc.

/Erik

May 23, 2017 19:56
Vote:

Is the UI showing a draft version? Updates through service API affect the data of the published version.

May 23, 2017 21:19
Vote:

Thanks for the answer late in the evening! The node I am updating shows an old version, from sept 2016. How can I switch to the published?

May 23, 2017 21:31
Vote:

I found the version gadget but I can only see the first version when the node was created.

May 23, 2017 21:35
Vote:

Any updates on this issue?

May 24, 2017 7:10
Vote:

@Eirik: I am using the service api quite a lot and have not had issues similar to this. Are you sure that your update actually finishes sucessfully? Can you try changing another value, like DisplayName?

May 24, 2017 8:36
Vote:

This can possibly a bug in older version. Can you try to upgrade to latest version (10.6) to see if it's fixed? If you are already at latest version, or if it does not work, I suggest to contact our developer support service for further assistance. 

May 24, 2017 8:38
Vote:

Hey,

We had the same issue.  I assume you are telling commerce to save without validation.  On the page that it is not showing, are you getting a validation issue if you try to edit it?  If so then we got around this by failing on products that don't pass validation and manually updating them.  I am sure there is a better way, but thats what we did.

Jun 07, 2017 18:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.