Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Catalog Limitations

Vote:

I've run up againist a list limitation in the Catalog and have questions about known limitations with using the catalog.

I have a product, a seminar, which many teachers can sell. So 1000s of variants each month may be created from this one product. Recently an alert flagged that the listing of variets had reached its limit.

There are many of these seminar type products which will be sold in the same way, creating multiple variants.

Can this system work? Do you know about this and other limitations of the catalog.

Grateful for information on this topic.

Thanks!

Apr 03, 2017 0:39
Vote:

The problem you talked about seems to be this one: http://vimvq1987.com/2017/03/catalog-ui-trade-off-performance-better-ui/

It's the tradeoff in the catalog UI, not really the limitations of the catalog.

The one known limitation of the catalog is it does not support access rights, like the way CMS contents do. You either have full access rights, or you have none.

Apr 03, 2017 7:26
Vote:

Thanks Quan.

Yes, this seems to be it. The default View setting is 2,000 sub items, which can be increased but slows performance even further. We may also be low on database resources and will contact EPi about that.

The article you linked to, in the comments, mentions better performance with a Flat View; do you know more about that suggestion?

Apr 05, 2017 5:41
Vote:

I don't really understand what he meant about "flat view", but from his words it seems what that is the feature we have - only instead of being fixed by setting, it can be toggle on/off per category. Same idea, however I don't think there is any difference performance-wise

Apr 05, 2017 7:21
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.