Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can't create catalog on fresh database

Vote:

Hi!

I have created a site with the latest Episerver CMS and Commerce versions. To set up the databases I'm simply running the following statements in the package manager.

Initialize-EPiDatabase
Update-EPiDatabase

I'm trying to programmatically create the entire catalog structure (catalog -> category -> product -> variation, but it fails rather quickly.

var rootLink = _referenceConverter.GetRootLink();
var catalog = _contentRepository.GetDefault(rootLink);
[ContentNotFoundException: Content with id -1073741823__CatalogContent was not found]
   EPiServer.Core.Internal.DefaultContentLoader.Get(ContentReference contentLink, LoaderOptions loaderOptions) +873
   EPiServer.Core.Internal.DefaultContentLoader.Get(ContentReference contentLink) +189
   EPiServer.Core.Internal.DefaultContentRepository.Get(ContentReference contentLink) +157
   EPiServer.Core.Internal.DefaultContentRepository.GetDefault(ContentReference parentLink, Int32 contentTypeID, CultureInfo language) +371
   EPiServer.Core.Internal.DefaultContentRepository.GetDefault(ContentReference parentLink, CultureInfo language) +506
   EPiServer.Core.Internal.DefaultContentRepository.GetDefault(ContentReference parentLink) +144

Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Edited, Mar 24, 2017 15:52
Vote:

-1073741823__CatalogContent is the content link of the catalog root - however it's not clear why you are getting that error. My guess is that you need to add the site definition/root page first.

Mar 26, 2017 23:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.