Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New promo and campaign GUI

Vote:

Hi!

I just updated to the latest CMS and Commerce release using nuget but I can't see the new gui for handling campaign och promotions that are shown in this link:

http://www.episerver.com/products/new-features/

Are these functions still in beta or do I have to do anything to enable these features?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Jun 13, 2016 14:12
Vote:

Hi

Yes, these are still in beta, although it's getting close to move out it. So you have give users beta access for them to access these features.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs

Jun 13, 2016 15:36
Vote:

You'll need to add this to your episerver.framework section:

<add name="EPiBetaUsers" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" roles="WebAdmins, Administrators" mode="Any" />

Currently the Marketing UI is beta, so it's only available to EPiBetaUsers virtual role. And yes, as Per said, we're close in getting it out of BETA. While I can't provide a firm date, but it will happen in a soon-ish future. Stay tuned.

/Q 

Jun 13, 2016 19:06
Vote:

@Quan, any news on the release for the new marketing UI?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Nov 23, 2016 23:32
Vote:

It's been out of beta since Commerce 9.19 - so if you install a new site with 9.19+ then the new marketing UI will be available to editor by default.

We're still working on adding new features to the new marketing UI, btw :)

/Q

Nov 24, 2016 7:20
Vote:

Great, I will check it out right away, thanks!

Nov 25, 2016 10:49
Vote:

Quan,

I'm thinking of upgrading to Commerce 10 right away. Our solution is built on the old Quicksilver with Workflows and as I see now in the new Quicksilver, workflows are no longer used. Is that correct?
Will the campaign engine work with workflows or do I have to upgrade that code to get this to work properly?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Dec 27, 2016 11:56
Vote:

Hi,

Yes, workflows are no longer required. You can now use some APIs to apply the promotions directly, such as cart.ApplyDiscounts() (extension method)

But they are still supported. If you are using workflows then no extra work is required, as long as if you the VNextFeature flag turned on then the new promotion engine can work with workflows.

Regards,

.Q

Dec 27, 2016 12:09
Vote:

Thanks!

And the VNextFeature is turned on by editing the ecf.workflows.config?

Could you post the default look of that file, I'm not sure I'm getting it right.

Thanks again!

/Kristoffer

Dec 27, 2016 14:07
Vote:

I have modyfied my ecf.workflows.config to look like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Workflow>
  <Workflows>    
    <add name="CartValidate" displayname="Validate Cart" description="Checks inventory, populates extra fields" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.CartValidateVNextActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
    <add name="CartPrepare" displayname="Cart Prepare" description="Creates shipments" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.CartPrepareVNextActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
    <add name="CartCheckout" displayname="Cart Checkout" description="Processes credit card information" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.CartCheckoutActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
    <!-- Administration Workflows / mapped to toolbar actions -->
    <add name="CompleteShipmentWorkflow" displayname="Complete Shipment" description="Complete Shipment" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.Admin.POCompleteShipmentActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
    <add name="SplitShipmentsWorkflow" displayname="Split Shipments" description="Split Shipments" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.Admin.POSplitShipmentsActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
    <add name="SaveChangesWorkflow" displayname="Save order changes" description="Save order changes" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.Admin.POSaveChangesVNextActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
    <add name="RecalculateTotalsWorkflow" displayname="Calculate Totals" description="Calculates totals" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.Admin.POCalculateTotalsVNextActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
    <add name="RecalculatePurchaseOrderWorkflow" displayname="Recalculate Purchase Order" description="Recalculate Purchase Order" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.PORecalculateVNextActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
    <add name="ReturnFormRecalculateWorkflow" displayname="Recalculate Return Form" description="Recalculate Return Form" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.ReturnFormRecalculateActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
    <add name="ReturnFormCompleteWorkflow" displayname="Complete Return Form" description="Complete Return Form" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.ReturnFormCompleteActivityFlow, Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow" xomlpath="" rulespath="" />
  </Workflows>
</Workflow>

Correct? Is this how I turn on the VNextFeature flag?

Then i run the validate workflow:

CartHelper.RunWorkflow("CartValidate");

But still no discounts. I have an active offer that gives a specific price on an item but the lineitem has no discount and the total discount is 0. Probably missing something simple here.
I have rewritten the price calcualtor but I guess the discount calculation occours after the price is set on the lineitem, is that right?

Thanks Quan!

Regards,

Kristoffer

Dec 27, 2016 16:54
Vote:

Hi Kristoffer.

You enable VNext by adding the following to ecf.app.config:

<Features>
    <add feature="WorkflowsVNext" state="Enabled" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Core.Features.WorkflowsVNext, Mediachase.Commerce" />
  </Features>

Regards,
Joel Yourstone

Dec 27, 2016 17:11
Vote:

Thank you Joel! How should the ecf.workflows.config look?

/Kristoffer

Dec 27, 2016 17:31
Vote:

You don't need to change/have anything in ecf.workflows.config for this feature to be enabled. If you still want to work with workflows, you can do so, but adding the VNext feature like above will tell epi to use the new promotion system rather than the old.

/Joel

Dec 27, 2016 17:33
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.