Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Different price when using a specific payment method

Vote:

Hello,

We have a situation where products have a certain "base" price for all customers and one price when using a specific payment method when checking out (based on membership club). The prices are stored in the commerce database connected to CustomerPricing.AllCustomers (for "base" price) and to another price group for the membership prices.

My plan was that I just assign the current customer's CustomerGroup to this specific price group when they've selected the specific payment method but this only seems to work for logged in users since there is no current contact for anonymous users, do you have any suggestions regarding how a problem like this can be solved?

/Martin

Jun 10, 2016 10:14
Vote:

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure about your business requirement, but in this case I think it makes sense to use Promotion instead of prices.

/Q

Jun 10, 2016 14:04
Vote:

Hello Quan, 

I'm afraid that won't work since we get the specific prices for "normal" customers and "special" customers from our ERP-system, it's not a matter of "percentage of the normal price" but instead specific prices for each article. Unless we can write our own promotion handling code for this matter of course? Maybe that's what you're suggesting? 

What I'm thinking about doing otherwise, if there is no other way around it, is to try to do updates to the GetItemPrice function in OrderGroupActivityBase in the workflows project to handle this particular case but maybe a special promotion will work instead?

/Martin

Jun 10, 2016 14:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.