Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Question about the new promotions shipping promotion

Vote:

Hi 

Could you explain how the new promotions work, especially the one that comes with the latest version the shipping promotion..

How should we and when should be apply it? 

Is it applied when we run the workflows? (i have tried the new one)

Do you guys have som example implementation of it? 

I have been sitting with it for a while and im kind of stuck try and erroring to get it to apply without luck.. 

Im trying a simple task, add free shipping over a certain amount..

thanks for any help.. 

Apr 28, 2016 16:35
Vote:

Hi,

Not sure about your first question - but for the second question, yes, it's applied when you run the workflows if you have the VNext flag enabled http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/Episerver-Commerce/8/Marketing/workflows-beta/

And you should not have to implement it, SpendAmountGetShippingDiscount is in Commerce 9.13 and if you set the discount percentage to be 100% then it's basically free.

Regards,

/Q

Apr 28, 2016 17:07
Vote:

Thanks Quan,

But how does it work, do i need to create a shipment for the cart first and the run a workflow and then it should add some kind of discount?

Im not sure about the "Magic" behind it, what do i need to create first before it takes effect and what does it affest, where is the discount added? 

Apr 28, 2016 17:11
Vote:

ok, i got your book. think i found my answers there :)! 

Apr 29, 2016 9:01
Vote:

Great that you found the question here! (And thanks for your purchase)

/Q

Apr 29, 2016 9:11
Vote:

ok, i have another question.. 

lets say we have 10 different shipping methods.. 

is there a easy way to check each of them to see if there is any promotions kicking in without adding them to cart first? 

i would like to have somthing like: 

foreach (var method in shippingMethods)
{
var rewards = promotionEngine.Run(method);
}

or even send in all  
var rewards = promotionEngine.Run(shippingMethods);

or it it only possible to show this in the end of the checkout flow.. 

also would be good if we have a 20% discount on all products one day.. we sould like to show this before you add them to cart..

May 04, 2016 12:16
Vote:

Hi,

We are working on new features which do exactly what you need - get promotions that might apply to an entry without having to add it to the cart. It should be released in upcoming release (9.15), so stay tuned :).

Regards,

/Q

May 06, 2016 11:01
Vote:

I would really appriciate any and all help that can be provided to me here, this is my last hope as the development company we hired says episerver cannot do this so I want to do it myself and proove them wrong. Basically all I want is the following: 

1. Products purchased below the total Value of R1000.00 should be charged a flat rate of R150.00.
  2. Products purchased over the value of R1000.00 should automatically need to choose no shipping options as this must be FREE.
  3. For Marketing Purposes both at Launch as well as for possibly future use, we would like the option to turn off the flat rate of R150.00 shipping below R1000.00 and make shipping free on ALL purchases regardless of value.

Number 3 is not a deal breaker but I would really like 1 and 2 to be an automatic thing

Thank you in advance

Erwin

Mar 10, 2017 9:46
Vote:

1 and 2 are definitely possible - quite even easy I would say. 3 is some simple setting changes if you have 1 and 2 in place.

Regarding 2 - the promotion can give you free shipping cost. It's up to you to select the shipping option automatically.

Edited, Mar 10, 2017 9:52
Vote:

Thank you for your incredibly quick responce. I don't suppose you could inform me as to how to go about setting up options 1 and 2? 

Mar 10, 2017 10:18
Vote:

The detail implementation is up to you. But I can see 1 to be an order promotion, while the second one is a shipping promotion. The second one is actually a builtin promotion ("Buy amount get free shipping"). The first one is simply setup the condition to be 1000RS, and check if the order form total, if it's less than that threshold then give the discount = (subtotal - 150).

Here's something to start with: http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/Episerver-Commerce/9/Marketing/custom-promotions/ 

Mar 10, 2017 10:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.