Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Broken product links

Vote:

Hi,

We are having some issues where links to content in the product catalog keeps breaking and I'm looking for a probable cause.

Is there any way for a product link to break without actually deleting a product from the catalog?

Thanks!

Mar 17, 2016 11:35
Vote:

Hi,

Which version are you using? It's possible for a product link to break if you intentionally or accidentally change it ContentGuid.

Regards,

/Q

Mar 17, 2016 13:51
Vote:

Hi Quan,

I'm running version 9 (update 102).

Do you know if there are any built in operations that would do this?

We are running nightly imports via the ServiceAPI (/episerverapi/commerce/catalogs/) of all the changes that has been made during the day. 

But these should only be updates and possibly inserts and should not affect the ContentGuid correct?

Mar 17, 2016 14:07
Vote:

Hi,

No, there is no builtin operation would do that (we will consider that as a critical bug anyway)

And yes you are correct, ServiceAPI import should not change ContentGuid.

However, I'm a bit confused now - do you mean links from CMS pages  to catalog content (you add properties to CMS pages, and point those links to catalog contents), or from Catalog content to CMS pages (you add properties to catalog content and point those links to CMS pages)?

/Q 

Mar 17, 2016 14:15
Vote:

On a CMS page we add a link to a product - either in a Url-property or in a XHtmlString-property.

Mar 17, 2016 14:23
Vote:

OK, So can you do an experiment?

Add a reference to a product. Then check its content GUID. (The easiest way is to look at CatalogEntry table in Commerce database). Store that guid.

Do an update with that product as you normally do. Then check its content GUID again. Compare.

If they are the same but the link is still broken - you'll have to look elsewhere (and this case, CMS database).

If they are different, you should contact our support services and file a support case for that. We'll make sure to investigate it ASAP.

Regards,

/Q

Mar 17, 2016 14:35
Vote:

Just followed your steps in the previous post and the ContentGuid did change! 

I'll submit a support ticket for this.

Thanks for the help Quan!

Mar 17, 2016 14:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.