Attempted to divide by zero CalculateDiscountsActivity

Hello!

After upgrading from Commerce 8.15 to 9.8.1

I do get "Attempted to divide by zero" error on CartPrepair and CartCheckOutWorkflow (ApplyItemDiscount in CalculateDiscountsActivity), The error is when i have a promo 100% of order value. 

This is suppose to be fixed in version 8.2 and it seems that i don't have this problem in version 8.15.

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Release-Notes/ReleaseNote/?releaseNoteId=118529

Any work around or configuration that i'm missing?

Should i implement my own CalculateDiscountsActivity?

MetaInfo: Some product skus may not have any price at all

Regards

#144903 Feb 22, 2016 14:29

Hi,

It's unsual to have SKUs without price. I think the problem comes from this (ApplyItemDiscount in CalculateDiscountsActivity):

// Calculate percentage off discount price
    if (totalAmount > 0)
    {
        percentageOffTotal = record.PromotionReward.AmountOff / totalAmount;
        // but since CostPerEntry is not an adjusted price, we need to take into account additional discounts already applied
        percentageOffTotal = percentageOffTotal * (totalAmount / record.AffectedEntriesSet.TotalCost);
    }
    else
    {
        percentageOffTotal = 100m;
    }

discountAmount = record.PromotionReward.AmountOff;

In your certain cases record.AffectedEntriesSet.TotalCost can be 0 and cause the problem.

You don't have to implement your own CalculateDiscountsActivity, just download the source code package, build it, debug and the fix it.

Regards,

/Q

#144915 Feb 22, 2016 16:18

Allright, i integrated Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow into our solution and made some customization. I guess i need to be awaik if Episerver updates this package then...  

#145092 Feb 24, 2016 14:49
This topic is locked because the last reply was posted more than 6 months ago. Please contact epw@episerver.com to unlock it.