Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

User in CommerceAdmins role has no access to CommerceManager

Vote:

I have a user with the following roles attached:

• CommerceAdmins
  • WebEditors
  • VisitorGroupAdmins

The user can access the CMS part and the catalog and marketing views, but can't access CommerceManager itself. It's giving the message

Access Denied

Your account does not have rights to access this feature of the commerce manager. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

after logging in. I'm using the SqlServerRoleProvider and have this in the web.config:

If i add the 'WebAdmins' group then it's working fine, but i don't want that :-)

Dec 08, 2016 11:50
Vote:

Hi

I have the same issue, were you able to resolve this?

Thanks

Jun 05, 2018 11:10
Vote:

Sorry for a very late reply to the original question. You didn't mention the version but I assume you are using 8.16 or newer. The permissions to access functions in Commerce Manager are assigned to Administrators group. If you want to let WebAdmins to access to them, you would have to assign the permissions to them 

Jun 05, 2018 11:23
Vote:

Yes that's the one thank you Quan

But what a PITA to add that group to all of those functions!

Jun 05, 2018 11:30
Vote:

You can do some magic with the database and do it in one query (I'm not recommending, I'm just saying you can. Does not mean you should ;) )

I don't recall the reason why the permissions were not added for WebAdmins group, but one explanation is that group is "for CMS", not Commerce Manager. We might look into it to see if we should change that behavior.

Jun 05, 2018 11:38
Vote:

I would be inclined to say no as I agree WebAdmins should be for CMS - my specific example is I'm using AD to authenticate and we operate multiple websites, so I needed a specific CommerceAdmins group per site.

It would be nice if it was easier to update these though (and if there was some reference to it in documentation) :)

Jun 05, 2018 11:41
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.