Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commerce Catalog Entry Read/Edit permission to function issues (v 9.24)

Vote:

I'm trying to create an specific editor group which allows the logged in editor to Read/Edit products and variants but NOT create them.

Step 1:
I've created a group called 'CatalogEditor' and i've setup the mapped role for the CatalogManager.  Enabling this mapped role will enable the Commerce tab when logged into the CMS.  Removing this mapped role will remove the Commerce tab as expected.

Step 2:
Login to CMS -> Admin -> Config -> Permissions to Functions

Set EDIT CATALOG ENTRIES permission for 'CatalogEditor' group in Step 1

set VIEW CATALOG ENTRIES permission for 

Step 3:
Login as the CatalogEditor group user and see that I can't create but can view/edit and entry.

this setup doesn't work...  I'm assuming that these permissions are only to be applied on the old Commerce Manager back end?

Anyone got any experience with this?

Nov 25, 2016 12:28
Vote:

Hi,

Yes, that's correct. The permission system you used only applied for Commerce Manager. The access rights to Catalog UI is yet to implemented - we will, but it won't happen any time soon.

Regards,

/Q

Nov 25, 2016 13:12
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.