Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Separating two companies in Commerce Manager

Vote:

We will soon implement an existing Episerver Commerce solution to the second company/website in our corporal group.

How do we separate them apart in CM ui? How to do different purchase order lists? Customers lists?

They will have different catalogues so thats straight on.

Version CM 8.15

Thanks for your guidance.

Jan 14, 2016 16:04
Vote:

Hi,

Do those two company shared the same shipping methods? payment methods?

If it's only orders and customers, you can create custom meta fields and then create custom UI/query for that fields in order management and customer management views. However, I think that it will be much more easier to have two sites instead.

Regards,

/Q

Jan 15, 2016 7:24
Vote:

Quan, what do you mean by two sites?

Another Commerce Database instance? How does that work in UI?
Same database but new application? How does that work in UI?

Remember that we still have the same CMS on both sites.

Jan 18, 2016 9:38
Vote:

Hi,

We had the question of running two "applications" in one site a while back and the answer is that we would not recommend that, due to the complexity you'll have during the implementation. 

If, as I said, you share everything between the two companies, except the catalogs and the order management, it would be possible to do that. If you share more than that then it will be a problem.

I don't think there is an easy solution for you. I would suggest to contact our Expert Services for further advices and consults.

Regards,

/Q

Jan 18, 2016 10:52
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.