Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Don't display the MetaFields

Vote:

Hi,

I need help.

When I add new metafields to the catalog object, I don't see their in CMS->Catalog->Edit.
But I see new fields in CommerceManager and in DB.

For example:

[CatalogContentType(GUID = "GUID", MetaClassName = "Project_Category")]
    [AvailableContentTypes(Include = new[] {typeof(CategoryItemContent), typeof(VariationItemContent)})]
    public class CategoryItemContent : NodeContent
    {

[CultureSpecific]
        [Display(GroupName = CatalogContent.Group.Description)]
        public virtual string ShortText { get; set; }

}

The field ShortText isn't displayed through CMS->Catalog, but the field is displayed through CommerceManager.

Why is it happend?

Versions:

EpiServer.Commerce: 8.9.0

EpiServer.CMS.Core: 8.1.0

DB: 7016.0

Best Regards,

Sep 02, 2015 8:47
Vote:

should not be an issue,

1.double group and tab CatalogContent.Group.Description

2.reset IIS

3.Try UIHint

[UIHint(EPiServer.Web.UIHint.LongString)]

Regards

/K

Sep 02, 2015 17:16
Vote:

Hu Khan,

Thank you for your reply.

I found out that I don't have problems with backend side. I have problems with db. The new fields don't inserted in to the table [tblPropertyDefinition].

May be, someone knows why is it happen?

Best Regards,

Sep 03, 2015 11:17
Vote:

I found reason.

EpiServer ignores changes in model, because version of assembly(with Category) and version in db for this dll are differents.

Proof:

1. Сhange log status from Error to WARN.

2. Check log file

There will be message:

2015-09-03 13:42:04,538 [114] WARN EPiServer.DataAbstraction.RuntimeModel.ContentTypeModelRegister: Changes in the model were ignored because its version(1.0.0.0) is lower than version in the database(1.1).

3. Compare version of assembly(Category) with version of assembly in db([tblContentType]->[ModelType])

Other topics:

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=118414

http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/EPiServer-7-CMS/Thread-Container/2013/10/Changes-in-the-model-for-this-page-type-were-ignored-because-its-version/

Best Regards,

Sep 03, 2015 14:03
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.