Upgrade problem in consolemanager: The provided data type does not match any known PropertyData type.

Hi! Upgrade from Commerce 8.7.1 to 8.15 in Mediachase.ConsoleManagerUpdate i do get the following when running the site av recompile:

I have updated the front end site and the database from there before this.

Any Ideas? where to start looking?

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The provided data type does not match any known PropertyData type.
Parameter name: dataType]
   EPiServer.DataAbstraction.PropertyDefinitionType.ResolvePropertyDataType(PropertyDataType dataType) +173
   EPiServer.DataAbstraction.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Load>b__3(PropertyDefinitionType pdt) +19
   System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +169
   EPiServer.PlugIn.PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute.RegisterPropertyDefinitions(PlugInDescriptor[] plugins, IPropertyDefinitionTypeRepository propertyDefinitionTypeRepository, BlockTypeRepository blockTypeRepository, IContentTypeModelAssigner contentModelAssigner) +207

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) +229
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +193
   EPiServer.PlugIn.PlugInRuntime.Call(TypesWithState typeWithState, String methodName) +225
   EPiServer.PlugIn.PlugInRuntime.Call(String methodName) +560
   EPiServer.PlugIn.PlugInRuntime.Start(Boolean reset) +247
   EPiServer.Initialization.PlugInInitialization.Initialize(InitializationEngine context) +47
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key) +64
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules() +314

[InitializationException: Initialize action failed for Initialize on class EPiServer.Initialization.PlugInInitialization, EPiServer, Version=8.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7]
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules() +855
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Initialize(HostType hostType) +168
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Initialize(HostType hostType) +951
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +108
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +530
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475

[HttpException (0x80004005): Initialize action failed for Initialize on class EPiServer.Initialization.PlugInInitialization, EPiServer, Version=8.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12980692
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12820285
#131731 Aug 04, 2015 13:38

Hi,

Have you run the front-end site site prior of this?

I would suggest you try to empty the CM bin folder and build the project again.

Regards,

/Q

#131744 Aug 04, 2015 15:56

yes! front en site first was working. Also tried to empty bin.

Ive checked the databas version CM version 6.10.3 as it should for Commerce 8.15

Any other ideas?

#131765 Aug 05, 2015 8:21

The database version looks correct - it does not match  1:1 with assembly version.

I don't really know what is wrong - but do you have the front-end assembly in CM's bin folder? It is not supposed to be there.

/Q

#131767 Aug 05, 2015 9:27

Thanks for the hint.

If i remove these two it works:

EpiServer.Business.Commerce.dll
    EPiServer.Commerce.Internal.Migration.dll

But when I go to OrderManagement/a specific Order, it is asking for these dlls: Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Business.Commerce, Version=8.15.0.810

Catch 22? Any idea?

#131776 Aug 05, 2015 10:35

The migration assembly can be deleted, but the Commerce.dll thing should be there. What I mean was your front-end assembly (YourProject.dll).

Can you make sure you only install EPiServer.CommerceManager package to CM?

/Q

#131778 Aug 05, 2015 10:45

Regarding migration.dll OK.

My dlls are the worklows and custom shipping only. Needs to be there.

Yes, i have only installed EPiServer.CommerceManager package to CM, (ive uninstalled all and reinstalled too)

Can i figure out what the "dataType" is, or configure to not register plugins?

#131781 Aug 05, 2015 10:57

When i run SQL profiler, the last thing that runs is "exec netPageDefinitionTypeList" to the CMS base. Lists all the pageproperties...

just after several "exec netPlugInSynchronize"

the last one: exec netPlugInSynchronize @AssemblyName=N'EPiServer.Business.Commerce', @TypeName=N'EPiServer.Commerce.SpecializedProperties.PropertyPriceCollection', @DefaultEnabled=1

any ideas?

#131786 Aug 05, 2015 11:23

It's hard to say, because the initialization of types are done in CMS and it works for you, so I can't think of any reason it fails on the CM site.

But I believe that we recommend to separate your projects into one which handle the front-end site (like the EPiServer.Commerce.Sample project) and ones which handle payment gateways, shipping gateways,... so you' won't have to put YourFrontEnd.dll in to CM's bin.

I can't remember which changes from 8.7.1 to 8.15 can cause the problem, but I would suggest you to try the long way:

- Try to update to CMS 8.0 + Commerce 8.8 first (as CMS 8.0 is a breaking change release).

- Try to update through each version to see which breaks your site.

I know it's long way to go but we need to minimize the scope where the error comes from.

Regards.

/Q

#131810 Aug 05, 2015 21:48

What versions of EPiServer.CMS.Core do you have in the frontend site and commerce manager? Please check both the packages.config files and an assembly version in the bin folder (e.g. EPiServer.dll)?

#131816 Aug 06, 2015 8:22

@Magnus and @Quan

Front end EPiServer.CMS.Core 8.11 - Episerver.dll 8.11
    Back end CM EPiServer.CMS.Core 8.10 - Episerver.dll 8.10, because compatibility problems with Commerce 8.15 and custom workflows.

So, i did downgrade Frontend to 8.10, restored the db. And did the upgrade again from db version 7015 to 7021.

Now all work

Conclusion: it had to do with different assemblies.
    Conclusion2: I can not upgrade front end if an cms-assembly is not compiled with Commerce assembly because of my workflows wont compile with another version at VS compiletime.

What about that?

#131818 Aug 06, 2015 10:17
First   1 2 3   Last 
This topic is locked because the last reply was posted more than 6 months ago. Please contact epw@episerver.com to unlock it.