Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

OrderGroup.Promotions is 0

Vote:

Hello,

I'm having trouble figuring out promotions.
If I have a promotion and I call CartHelper.Runworkflow("CartValidate"), should it automatically add promotions(which conditions match with Cart's LineItem... or with Order... ) to the OrderForm?
If it does not add promotion to the order automatically, then how should it be implemented, through CouponCode ?
Can I add a promotion to the order via CouponCode ? 

I tried different approaches. I added CouponCode to MarketingContext, then tried CartHelper.Runworkflow("CartValidate") method and also the approach descibed on episerver/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-Commerce/8/Marketing/Using-calculate-discount-activity/ page.

But when I start debugging and workflow gets to the RemoveDiscountsVNextActivity.RemoveDiscounts() method where order.Promotions is checked, it's empty. And of coure the next workflow CalculateDiscountsVNextActivity the order.Promotions is 0.

Any suggetions and tips are welcome. I want to understand what I do not understand.
Regards,
A

Aug 25, 2015 11:32
Vote:

Hi,

It looks like you're using the new promotion engine. Please note that this engine is a work in progress and only promotions created for that will work when it's enabled.

All the promotions created in Commerce Manager can only be processed by the old engine. So you should turn off the new promotion engine to make it work.

Regards,

/Q

Aug 25, 2015 12:16
Vote:

Magnificent! Got it to working thanks to your suggestion. 
Best regards,
A

Aug 25, 2015 14:05
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.