Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CmsConfiguration Null and ContentManagement config missing

Vote:

Hi, 

We're on the version (8.11) of EPiServer Commerce and I'm pretty sure we did a buy the book installation using the Nuget packages. However, after installation we were getting a Null reference error on the Edit Contact Details page in EPiServer Commerce. Following the stack trace and reflecting a few libraries I nailed it down to the Mediachase.Cms.CmsConfiguration instance. This was null since we were missing the ContentManagement configuration in the web.config that hooks up the ContentManagement section in the ecf.cms.config. 

Was removing this config intentional? If so, have all references to CmsConfiguration being replaced in a newer version? Clearly we were experiencing a disconnect. 

Cheers, 

Aug 19, 2015 3:04
Vote:

Hi,

I don't know why it is missing, but it should be there in web.config of Commerce Manager site. It should be something like this:

<CommerceFramework>
    <ContentManagement configSource="Configs\ecf.cms.config" />
</CommerceFramework>

Add this and it should work for you.

Regards.

/Q

Aug 19, 2015 8:43
Vote:

Hi, 

Yeah I did ascertain as much. Not sure why it was missing either. As a said, it was a pretty stock standard installation. One to look out for I guess. 

Cheers, 

Damien

Aug 21, 2015 0:01
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.