Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Import duties

Vote:

Hi,

Customers from the us need to pay import duties when buying products from nl. The webshop I'm currently working on will pay the import duties for the (us) client and the client only needs to pay an x percentage of the order to the webshop. My question is: Is there an existing functionality I can use in commerce to configure these kinds of duties? And where should I persist these costs in the cart / order?

Jun 02, 2015 20:28
Vote:

By "duties" you mean taxes, or they're different matters.

EPiServer Commerce supports taxes via tax system, and there're field in PurchaseOrder/OrderForm and Shippment to store tax values.

Regards.

/Q

Jun 02, 2015 21:24
Vote:

It are cost to import products into the customers country (in this example us).I don't think it's the same as sales / shipping tax. And like described above it's an x percentage of the total order amount.

Edited, Jun 02, 2015 22:53
Vote:

Hi,

So if I understand correctly this will basically per-SKU, right?

You can add a metafield for variation for storing this value, and then create metafield for Shipment/OrderForm to store the calcluated values in order.

Regards,

Q

Jun 03, 2015 10:54
Vote:

Hi,

No it's per order (volume). So I should store the calculated value to a metafield for Shipment/OrderForm and then adjust the worfklow to set correct order totals?

Jun 03, 2015 14:14
Vote:

Yes, that should work for you.

Regards.

/Q

Jun 03, 2015 14:14
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.