Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Free shipping for cheapest method

Vote:

Hi,

The client want's to add a free shipping promotion that targets the cheapest (available in currentmarket + language) shipping method. How can I configure this? I don't see an option to target a shipping promotion for a specific market / language.

Jun 03, 2015 14:21
Vote:

Hi,

I believe that is not supported out of the box. 

What do you want your promotion looks like?

/Q

Jun 03, 2015 17:33
Vote:

Hi,

100% shipping cost discount for the cheapest shipping method of the current market + country combination when the total order price is above 220. For instance:

- Country Netherlands with Market B2C Global:
-> Dpd, Dhl, PostNL. PostNL is the cheapest and should get free shipping if order price above 220

- Country USA with Market B2C Global:
-> Dpd, Dhl. Dhl is the cheapest and should get free shipping if order price above 220

Jun 04, 2015 22:07
Vote:

That's very tricky - I'm not sure if it's possible to write the expression for that rule, but I think a simpler approach is to add a promotion with fake discount amount. And then in your front-end code, you check if the a discount has specific name, then do the calculation and offer the free shipping.

It will be unsual code, but I guess we have to deal with unsual situation.

Regards.

/Q

Jun 05, 2015 10:24
Vote:

Hi,

It looks like the beta marketing stuff will give me more programmatic control over my discount? Maybe this would be a nicer option? Is is save to use these beta features for a new platform?

Jun 07, 2015 17:19
Vote:

Hi,

New discount system is a work in progress, and I don't think you should go with it for production system right now (of course we recommend to "play" with it to know the system and give us feedback). I don't think your type of promotion is supported in new discount system.

Regards.

/Q

Jun 07, 2015 18:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.