Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Does Commerce set current market by IP-lookup? ( Commerce 8 )

Vote:

Hi
I just want to know if Commerce (8) set the market by doing a IP-lookup?
I have a customer that want if a user is coming from a specific country, he will get the right currency (dollar or euro), and I believe that the only way to do, is by working with Markets?

Or i am wrong?

Thanks

May 18, 2015 11:36
Vote:

Hi,

No, that function is not build in. Basically it's up to the site (to determine which market should the customer belong to) or the customer (to choose their preferred market).

The market concept is much broader than the "region" concept, so we let the partner to do what they see fit.

But yes, currencies, availablities of products should be handled by market.

Regards.

/Q

May 18, 2015 13:13
Vote:

Thanks for reply Quan...

So the best way is to by an external API determine what country the user is browsing and then get the current market to get the right price and currency. Is that the best approach?

/J

May 18, 2015 13:20
Vote:

Yes, if that's what you want to do - determine market by the geographic location.

It's not a rule but quite popular practice is to do that automatically, but leave customer the right to change the market as they want - because if I live in Sweden but currently travelling to US, why must I shop and pay in US market?

Regards.

/Q 

May 18, 2015 13:25
Vote:

Yes i agree,

Thanks

J

May 18, 2015 13:31
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.