Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiserver Paypal Integration

Vote:

Hi
We have implemented paypal on our project as per the instructions on the page below. It all works fine. 
The instructions asks us to use the following dll
  • Paypal_base.dll (library dll from PayPal.com)
We wanted to know if it is possible to get this specific dll from a nuget instead of adding it physically. 

I checked the nuget packages from Paypal but they seems to give build errors with the code provided in the link. I tried the following three with no luck

1)  Paypal .NET SDK
2)  Paypal Core SDK for .NET
3) Paypal Merchant SDK for .NET

If we wanted to download the latest version of this dll how do we go about doing it. I could not find this on the paypal site.

Inline images 1

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Apr 27, 2015 18:25
Vote:

Hi,

I suggest to use the assembly comes with the package. Any other assembly may not be fully compatible with our payment.

In the case you find out the assembly is no longer working due to breaking changes from Paypal, please notify us by filing a bug report.

Regards,

/Q

Apr 28, 2015 11:14
Vote:

Hey Quan,

Thanks for getting back.  I don't feel particulally happy about adding random DLL's in my solution especially when it comes to something important as taking users payments.  I understand that Episerver has build the code to work with this DLL and new versions will not work but where did EpiServer get this DLL from?  if it came from PayPal,  I assume that we can get it as part of a NUGET package or something.

Thanks

Adam

Apr 28, 2015 20:30
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.