Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Something caused all EPiServer.Commerce.Catalog.Provider.CatalogContentDraft from tblBigTable to have guid 000000000000....

Vote:

Hello,

I hope someone can shed some light in a weird issue we're having with an EPiServer Commerce site. I found the issue when trying to set the shortcut of a CMS page to a Commerce Catalog Node. For doing that I used the option "Shortcut to page on another website" and the copy/pase the entire URL of the catalog node. After publishing the changes, the link turned into something like:

/link/00000000000000000000000000000000.aspx.

I then took a look in the tblBigTable table and for all entries that have as store name "EPiServer.Commerce.Catalog.Provider.CatalogContentDraft" the Guid01 column is an empty Guid.

We are now unable to set any link to commerce entities and I know for sure it worked a couple of days ago. So I am not sure what could've caused the Guid's to become empty.

Does anyone have any idea what might've caused the issue? I am not sure if by deleting the versions of Commerce entities from CMS will solve the issue. It's a production server where this issue occurred so I would rather explore other options before deleting the versions.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2015 22:12
Vote:

Hi,

I suggest you to contact our support team. As this is a production database, so we won't be able to provide advices without carefully investigate your database first.

/Q

Nov 27, 2015 8:29
Vote:

Thank you for you response. I actually figured out how to fix the issue, but not yet what caused it.

I noticed that the tables GuidEntryMapping and GuidNodeMapping from the Commerce database were empty and I think this is what caused the Guids from tblBigTable to become 000000... I populated the tables with new Guids and updated the tblBigTable and everything is working now. Of course the old links to catalog entities are broken, but at least they can be fixed.

Thanks

Nov 27, 2015 17:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.