Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CatalogIndexer sample code will not run

Vote:

I have downloaded and unpacked the CatalogIndexer sample from the download package but when I try to step through the app in visual studio (2013) it I get the following error

StructureMap Exception Code:  202\nNo Default Instance defined for PluginFamily Mediachase.Commerce.Inventory.IWarehouseRepository, Mediachase.Commerce, Version=7.9.0.126, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6e58b501b34abce3

The error occurs on the following statement

CatalogSystem system = CatalogContext.Current;

I have done the usual google / world.episerver.com searches but haven't managed to find anything.

The reason I need this code sample to work is because I need to refresh the SerializedData column on the catalog entry due to a direct database update of one of the catalog entry's attributes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sep 10, 2014 12:14
Vote:

Hi,

I can say this is a bug. CatalogIndexer was not updated when we switch to IoC approach in Commerce. I will file a bug for this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

In the mean while, you can simply convert the Program.cs file to an aspx file, and run it in context of your website (which has all dependencies registered). That should help you update SerializedData column.

Regards.

/Q

Sep 11, 2014 5:39
Vote:

Hi,

If you still need this, I just realize that we have a scheduled job named "Serialize Catalog Meta Data Job", which does exactly what CatalogIndexer does. You can run this scheduled job to serialize metadata of entries.

Regards.

/Q

Oct 27, 2014 4:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.