1. Before upgrade to 7.10.1, I was able to search products through Commerce->Catalog->Catalog Gadget , But now It doesnot return me any result
SELECT Boolean01, Integer01, String01 FROM [MyDatabase].[dbo].[tblBigTable]
where storename = 'EPiServer.Shell.Search.SearchProviderSetting'
This query returns me No Results.
2. I want to search based on any column e.g. Product ID, Product Name, Author Name How can I do this?
1. Do the page search still works for you? Do you have anything in the log file?
2. For that thing you need to write your custom query instead of using default search. So your question is applied for catalog gadget search or not?
1. Yes Search Page gadget works and returns me pages. There is no error in log on doing search.
2. Issue is only with Catalog Gadget Search.
1. Can you check the index status (Commerce Manager\Administration\Search Index). And rebuild if nescessary?
2. Unfortunately, not. Catalog Gadget search will search with all field.
1. Good point, I set up Luscene Search in Commerce Manager, Rebuild the indexes and it started working. I am wondering how Indexing will work overall.
My Website is using Find, I have to setup Commerec Mnager for Lucene.
2. Can you confirm which column that gadghet searches for as I have a Searchable Field and results doesnot comes back based on keywords, It looks to me it is only working for code and Display name.
1. It should work regardless of Lucene or Find. You should be able to rebuild index with Find. If it not then it should be a bug.
2. Basically the gadget search will search for all the fields which is searchable. A metafield is searchable if it has "Allow Search" and "Include in the Default Search" enabled.
1It is not a bug. I am indexing my catalog items with the help of EPiServer Find Content Indexing Job in http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Jonas-Bergqvist/Dates/2014/1/Indexing-catalog-content-using-EPiServer-Find-Content-Indexing-Job/and above searches are based on Indexes that we setup in MediaChase.Seach.Config files, therfore there are two datasources for my site. My product listing pages and other sites search are based on Find.