Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How can I create subscription in Episerver?

Vote:

Hi, resently I asked about Creating Offerse How can I create offer in details page?  But I guess I will have to create something else. Here is description:

I will have products - newspapers. And when user opens details page he will see this newspaper and price 3 $ . But he will have possibility to order (subscribe) this newspaper for other month. For example:

3 month  Price 7$    Save 3$

6 month  Price 13$   Save 5$

12 month Price 27$  Save 9 $

I understand from answer in my previous question that I can create variation for my product, but is there some other way in Episerver for creating subscribe and handling such orders. (Because if user will subscribe newspaper for 3 month and i will close/resolve this order how I will know that in the next month i will need to open this order one more time? )

Thanks for Your time , guys !!! 

Aug 08, 2014 11:12
Vote:

I found documentation about Subscription Payment Plan in User Guide. But the problem is that Subscription is for authorized users. But I need to create for anonymous users. Any ideas ?

Aug 08, 2014 14:06
Vote:

I got one idea. For example I have the same one newspaper. Can I create Package or Bundles for this one varian ? And how can I handle this order with package or bundle every month ?  

Aug 08, 2014 15:26
Vote:

Hi,

For this issue, you can try the payment plan in EPiServer Commerce. Go to Commerce Manager/Order Management/Create new payment plan.

For a payment plan you can specify the frequent, the cycle of an order.

More information can be found here:

http://webhelp.episerver.com/Commerce/1.1.2/Content/User%20Guide/OrderManagement/PaymentPlans.htm

Regards.

/Q

Aug 11, 2014 5:35
Vote:

Hi , I saw it. But I am not sure that Payment Plan can helps me. Because Payment Plan is only for Authorized users, but I need for Anonymus users.  I mean: Anonymus can order newspaper (subscribe for 3 month) and he will choose one payment method (for example Pay Pal) and thats all. 

Admin side: he will see this order 3 times (1 st , 2nd , 3rd month)

Aug 11, 2014 9:44
Vote:

Please note that payment plan can be created programmatically - just like creating an order. For special product such as magazine, you when creating order, instead of creating purchase order, you create payment plan for that. For example, you can use PurchaseOrderManager.GetNewPaymentPlanFromCart(Cart) to create new payment plan for your cart.

Regards.

/Q

Aug 11, 2014 9:52
Vote:

Aha...  So when user will add some items to shoppingCart and then he will open payment page and pay ... then I can create payment plan for this Cart programmatically and admin will see order every month , right ? 

Aug 11, 2014 10:11
Vote:

Yes, that's the idea. You'll need to make sure that if a produce need a subscription or normal order - but there's plenty ways to do that. For example, you can add a new metafield to indicate that a product/variant is using subscription model.

Regards.

.Q

Aug 11, 2014 10:16
Vote:

@Quan Mai Thanks a lot. You really helped me!

Aug 11, 2014 10:18
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.