Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How can I create offer in details page?

Vote:

Hello. I am trying to ivestigate Episerver Commerce.  I would like to display some offer for user , when he opens details page for some product. For example: I have one product - book or newspaper. When I will open details page I would like t see:

NewsPaper Times    Price 5$

Offers:    Buy 3      Price  12       Save 3

Buy 5      Price  18       Save 7

I was looking on promotions and campaign. But is there some other way to create some offers for user ?

Aug 07, 2014 23:04
Vote:

Hi,

For your requirement, prices can be an alternative solution.

Prices support an attribute of Min Quantity, meaning when you buy a number of product that equal or greater than min quantity, then you'll be applied that price.

You can set the price you want for 0, 3 or 5 Min Quantity, then use IPriceService to get all the prices (of an entry) and display as you like.

Regards.

/Q 

Aug 08, 2014 5:24
Vote:

Hi @Quan Mai!  Thanks a lot. I have a few questions about price.  You remember my previous question about ProductContent class. So the question is: I will have to create three fields for price in class MagazineProductContent:ProductContent   , right ?  

Aug 08, 2014 9:24
Vote:

Hi,

No. I would like to explain a bit:

- Prices are only applied for Variant and package. A product has no price, but its variants have. For example, your product is Sony Bravia W705B, it has no price. But its variants, 32W705B, 42w705B (specified by TV size) can have prices.

- Prices is system-defined "concept". Unlike metafield, they're automatically attached to variant/package, without any additional work. You'll be able to add/edit/remove prices when editing a variation/package.

Regards.

/Q

Edited, Aug 08, 2014 9:29
Vote:

I guess I understand. So I will have to create new class for example MagazineItemContent with parrent VariationContent. And than I will have 2 or more entires of MagazineItemContent  with different prices, right ? 

Aug 08, 2014 9:38
Vote:

Yes, that's correct. You can have multiple prices with different Min Quantity.

/Q

Aug 08, 2014 9:43
Vote:

Thanks a lot @Quan !

Aug 08, 2014 9:45
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.