Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

When upgrading to Commerce 7.5 EPiServer.Business.Commerce.dll error being used by another process

Vote:

I have try to make a iisreset before installing, I am installing from deployment center

I am getting this error message:

An unhandled error has occured:
The process cannot access the file 'C:\project\kund\bin\EPiServer.Business.Commerce.dll' because it is being used by another
process.
When executing

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\7.5.394.2\Install\Modules\EPiServer Com
merce 7.5.394.2\Install\Upgrade EPiServer Commerce.ps1:406 char:17
+ Copy-EPiFiles <<<< -SourceDirectoryPath $cmsBinPathValue `

False
=
Get-EPiIsBulkInstalling

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\7.5.394.2\Install\Modules\EPiServer Commerce 7.5.394.2\Install\Upgrade EPiServer Commerce.ps1:406 char:17
+ Copy-EPiFiles <<<< -SourceDirectoryPath $cmsBinPathValue `
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\project\kund\bin\EPiServer.Business.Commerce.dll' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at EPiServer.Install.FileSystem.Installers.CopyFilesInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
at EPiServer.Install.InstallationManager.Install(Installer installer)
at EPiServer.Install.FileSystem.FileSystemInstallationManager.CopyFiles(String sourceDirectory, String destinationDirectory, String fileSearchPattern, Boolean include, Boolean recursive, Int32 progressPercent)
at EPiServer.Install.FileSystem.Cmdlets.CopyFilesCmdlet.ProcessRecord()
at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoProcessRecord()
at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()

Jun 02, 2014 11:53
Vote:

Hi,

The issue might be caused by IIS or the Deployment Center. You can do as following:

- Exit Deployment Center

- Run IISRESET

- Open Deployment Center again.

If that does not help, try to restart your computer.

Regards.

/Q

Jun 03, 2014 3:20
Vote:

I had Visual Studio open, and that was holding the files.

Thanks

Jun 10, 2014 9:47
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.