Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Saving to a Dictionary Item

Vote:

Hello,

I've created a new Business Object in Episerver Commerce 7.5 under the Contact List section. I've set it up as a multi value list and preset all the values. I need to set the value(s) of this property from the code beind. What do you need to pass through to get this to save successfully?

Thanks

Paul

Apr 04, 2014 11:16
Vote:

Did you find a soultion? I've been searching in the SDK and sample sites, but I can't find any code examples.

May 19, 2014 12:26
Vote:

Hi,

You can try to update the CustomerContact by using this:

CustomerContact customer = CustomerContext.Current.GetContactById(YOUR_CONTACT_GUID);

customer.Properties["YOUR_PROPERTY_NAME"].Value = NEW_INT_ARRAY;

// then save it

customer.SaveChanges();

Assume that NEW_INT_ARRAY is the int[] that contains the property value.

Hope this could help.

Ton Nguyen.

May 20, 2014 9:28
Vote:

I am trying to do this while creating users. I create users in an import-users-from-an-old-system-custom-job. The code runs fine until I add the code for setting dictionary list values.
The code in your example does not work Ton, customerContact.Properties["PropertyName"] is null, so it crashes. I have "Dictionary items" with the "Single value" and "Multi value". The code does not crash when I do customerContact["PropertyName"] = 1; (Using an int array crashes the code for single value items) I am able to run customerContact.SaveChanges(), but it does not store the values. When I look at the user in the Commerce Manager, it says "No value" for the property.

I have tried several different variations for the multi value field as well. In the examples below, there are 4 defined values, and it keep crashing on SaveChanges()
customerContact["MultiSelectProperty"] = new int[] {1};
customerContact["MultiSelectProperty"] = new int[] {0, 0, 1, 0};
customerContact["MultiSelectProperty"] = new string[] {"selcted_value"};
If I change the code to the following, it does not crash, but it does not store the information correctly.
customerContact.Properties.Add("MultiSelectProperty", 1);
customerContact.Properties.Add("MultiSelectProperty", new int[] {1});

Lets say you have a single value dictionary item with the options "Male" and "Female". How would your code look like to save "Male" for a customer contact?
And lets say you have a multi value dictionary item with options like "Blue", "Yellow", "Green", "Black". How would your code look like to save "Blue" and "Green" for a customer contact?

I would REALLY appreciate it if you can give some examples :)

May 20, 2014 17:09
Vote:

As far as I understand, you are setting this property value while running a schedule job, right? Then it might have been the context problem.

Could you try to verify if that example work in a Web context? I would appreciate if you can find and give me the crash error detail.

May 23, 2014 7:57
Vote:

I finally got it working :) Here is a blog post I wrote with code examples:

http://www.epinova.no/blog/Lars-Oyvind-Bodahl/dates/2014/5/saving-dictionary-items-on-a-commerce-contact/

May 23, 2014 12:24
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.