Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

The EpiServer Commerce 7.5 Demo site

Vote:

Just curious about the thoughts behind the demo site that can be installed through the Deployment center. Isn't a demo site supposed to show the different features of the platform in a way that on some level represents the case that the platform can be assumed to be used in the real world.

We are developing mostly e-commerce sites based on both EPiServer Commerce, Litium Studio and Dynamic Web. I was going to go through the demo site to see how we could use the new EPiServer Commerce platform concepts and how to solve some of the common features that customers wants their commerce site to have. But the structure and functions on the site are really awful and lacking most of the features we were looking at. 

For example:

• Filtering. There is no filtering at all
  • There is no sorting
  • Structure and product category navigation. To see the products in the fashion department there are literally three to four clicks and if you want to change category you either have to go back some steps or start navigating from the beginning.
  • The search feels extremely basic with no extra functionality at all
  • The warehouse inventory listing... I don't know where to begin
  • The drag and drop concept. Seen this in a webinar but on the demo site it seems not to exists at all.

I mean, how is this site to be used when trying to display the features to a customer? If I were the customer and someone presented this solution as an example of what the platform was capable of I would laugh all the way to the closest competitor. Isn't there any better showcase on this?

Feb 20, 2014 15:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.