Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

eCommerceFramework folder needed?

Vote:

We're on Commerce 8.0.1 and we tried to deploy to a clean new environment, using only what has been built from the project (not installing Episerver first). When comparing with another environment, I noticed that the Episerver\eCommerceFramework folder is missing in our clean env.

I can see that this folder is referenced from web.config (TemplateService). Looking into eCommerceFramework folder I see Apps folder (which is now included in the CommerceManager project) but also NotificationTemplates and IntegrationService.

How are we supposed to deal with this folder? If it is required for Epi to function, I believe it should be included in the project. If not, I'd rather remove it. O_o

Nov 05, 2014 11:53
Vote:

IntegrationService is now retired in favour of Service API, but NotificationTemplates contains templates which can used to generate mails, for example, confirmation mail to customers. Part of CM is still using TemplateService (and therefore this folder) for sending mail/notification.

I would suggest to leave it as-is, unless you can get rid of SendNotificationHandler :)

Regards,

.Q

Nov 05, 2014 12:03
Vote:

You can move the notification templates inside your web sites, and include them in the project, thus duplicating the files.

Or, move them into one site, and have the other point there (in the configuration for the XslTemplateProvider). 

If you do not send emails from Commerce Manager (Send Notifications from the order), you can disregard the settings I believe.

Nov 05, 2014 13:24
Vote:

Thanks guys! It seems possible to remove the dependency to Send Notifications. I notice there are references in CM through PurchaseOrder-ObjectView.xml and PaymentPlan-ObjectView.xml which I removed. I also removed the templateservice declaration from both web.configs. No more eCommerceFramework folder! Seems to work =)

Nov 05, 2014 14:38
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.