Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

LineItems not added to OrderForm

Vote:

I am trying to insert orders from our legacy system into our Episerver 7.5 application via integration services (in house WCF), I am able to insert the order successfully, the order has a shipment and a contact but for some reason does not add the line items to the order, I have checked the lineitems table in our commerce database and it's empty.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oct 17, 2014 10:03
Vote:

Hi,

I'm not sure how you "insert" the lineitem into order? It's supposed to add entry to order only, then lineitem for that entry is created.

/Q

Oct 17, 2014 12:36
Vote:

Hi,

apologies, I probably should have been more informative with my request.

I am iterating through a collection of orders that have been gathered from our legacy system, for each of these orders an order object is created and populated with the data from the legacy order i.e totals, address id's, contact etc., then for each lineitem in the legacy order I add the entry to the new orderform I created earlier in the process and then I also add the entry to the order shipment. As far as I am aware this should be all that is required for a lineitem to appear within the order in the commerce manager back end.

The order is created successfully within commerce and is visible in the commerce manager back end, the order has a shipment, a payment and as far as i can tell, all the info required for an order to exist, however, clicking the details tab shows no lineitems.

Kind Regards,

Dean

Oct 17, 2014 13:10
Vote:

Hi,

Please note that the entries must be available for purchase, for example, enough quantity in inventory, otherwise some workflows can kick in and validate the orders, causing invalid entries to be removed.

Regards.

/Q

Oct 17, 2014 14:24
Vote:

Hi Dean,

I ran into a similar problem. This was when creating a purchase order from a cart though.

I had to add the lineitems to the shipment, before creating the purchase order.

Oct 17, 2014 14:45
Vote:

Thanks guys, I will check these later and report back

Oct 17, 2014 16:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.