Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Content areas are empty in edit mode

Vote:

Hi, 

On our site we use content areas on variationsfor displaying and linking to other content (eg. book => author). Unfortunately the content areas are empty on many of our variations in edit-mode, even though the data in the database looks correct and the content put into these content areas actually are shown on the page in view mode. 

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before?

Thank you in advance, 

Andreas

Oct 13, 2014 9:27
Vote:

Hi,

Which version you're using? It sounds like we have caching/version issue. Does that happen if you create new variation and edit the content areas?

Regards.

/Q

Oct 13, 2014 10:00
Vote:

Hi Quan! 

Thanks for your answer!

We are using 7.5. Update ~33 if I'm not wrong. Or do you mean that there might be several versions of the variations in question? 

And how about the cache? Are there any possibilities to empty the cache? We have made new deploys and thereby IIS-resets, without any change of this behaviour.

Oct 13, 2014 10:10
Vote:

If IIS fails then it's not caching issue. I suspect it might be version issue, as the front-end is able to load the correct version while the all properties mode fails to load the correct one (usually latest version).

Then you can check if all properties mode is loading correct version. As you mentioned that the data in database "look correct" then it seems to be the case.

Regards.

/Q

Oct 13, 2014 10:14
Vote:

Hi again, 

Since many of them are imported from another source, there are only one version. It turns out that it only affects products that are imported on a specific date when we also upgraded to version 33 or 34 from a previous release (not simultaniously, though :))

I will investigate what happend then in the releasenotes. 

//Andreas

Oct 13, 2014 14:05
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.