Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"Available" property is not working

Vote:

Hi,

Greetings All!

I am newbie to EPiServer and I am facing a problem while trying to make a product unavailable in the enotica site. My understanding is that, if we set "Yes" for Available property, then the product will be available in public site, otherwise the product will not be visible in the public site when we set "No" for this property.

I have logged in as Admin user and selected an option "No" for the "Available" property of the particular product and cliked on "OK" button that are shown in the "Overview" tab. But I found, still the product shows in the enotica site.

Am I missing anything or Do I need to perform any additional action (like build/rebuild) after setting the "Available"property?

I would really be grateful to you for helping me to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

Karthi.

May 20, 2013 20:48
Vote:

Hi,

Probably You need to rebuild Index as Productlisting pages and Search Result Pages display results based on indexes. Data from Database is normally accessed on Product Details Page.

Regards
Khurram

May 21, 2013 15:13
Vote:

Hi Khan,

Thank you very much for your reply. Could you please let me know your thought on my below queries.

1. Does it mandatary, to rebuild the search index for publishing the catalog management level changes to the public site?

2. When I am clicks on "Rebuild Index" button, I am facing below error. So could you please let me know of how could I fix this issue.

Error:

Build Failed using "catalog" indexer. "Failed to load the SearchProvider. Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Business.Commerce.FindSearchProvider' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\EPiServer\Sites\EPiServerCommerceManager13\Configs\Mediachase.Search.config line 25)"

For your information that, when I explores the MediaChase.Search.config file, I found the below key.

<add name="FindSearchProvider" type="EPiServer.Business.Commerce.FindSearchProvider.FindSearchProvider, EPiServer.Business.Commerce.FindSearchProvider" serviceUrl="Set the EPiServer Find service url here." defaultIndex="Set the EPiServer Find default index here." />

Thanks and Regards,

Karthi

Edited, May 22, 2013 14:27
Vote:

Hi,

1. If your Search Pages are based on Index (Lusece) then Yes, If you are directly accessing the Products using Media chase classes then No.

2. Find Config/Mediachase.Search.config and comment the following below provider as i think so you are not using EpiServer Find.

<!-- <add name="FindSearchProvider" type="EPiServer.Business.Commerce.FindSearchProvider.FindSearchProvider, EPiServer.Business.Commerce.FindSearchProvider" serviceUrl="Set the EPiServer Find service url here." defaultIndex="Set the EPiServer Find default index here." /> -->

/K

May 22, 2013 14:33
Vote:

Hi Khan,

Commenting the config element "FindSearchProvider" made trick for me.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Karthi

May 22, 2013 15:10
Vote:

Cheers

/K

May 22, 2013 15:11
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.