Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Contacts admin - change a users password

Vote:

I would like to enable my user administrators to override and be able to reset a commerce users password since the user never retreives the email with forgot password.

But - when the user admin go to contact administation and hit change password in commerce admin, contacts form it requires the admin to type in the old password in order to set a new one.. that's just odd.

Anyone got a bright idea to share why it's set up like this and if it's possible to remove the requirements for existing password in some way for contacts admin?

Mar 05, 2013 15:10
Vote:

Hi,

I think it is bug in Commerce Manager( You can report that to EpiServer). But you can change the password from Episerver CMS Admin section. In Admin Mode, From ADmin Tab Click On Search Users/Group. Find the Users and Password can be changed without knowing last password.

Regards
Khurram Khan

Mar 19, 2013 11:28
Vote:

Yes should probably not require the old password.  You could use cms, or get the forgot password to work correcctly.  Did you set up the systme.net smtp server.  Do you have the correct path to the notifcation templates.  Did you cionfigure the membership provider to be able to send reset password link?

Apr 11, 2013 5:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.