Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commerce tab in CMS UI is not shown

Vote:

Hi Guys,

when I add a commerce to my system, i redirect User/Membership providers to use Commerce's database, what I have to do/configure if whant the small Commerce" button in CMS UI to be shown?

Thanks (:

Dec 09, 2013 11:15
Vote:

The commerce UI is visible to the CommerceAdmins role, which is by default added by the installation as a Virtual Role in episerverframework.config, mapped to the roles WebAdmins and Administrators. So either make sure the users are members of WebAdmins or Administrators, change the mapping to other roles of your choise, or simply create the Role CommerceAdmins in the role provider and give it to the users you want to give access.

Dec 09, 2013 16:03
Vote:

Thanks for the reply, Magnus. Unfortunately that didn't work.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Dec 16, 2013 16:20
Vote:

OK, I've been able to show the commerce tab (there were missing EPiServer.Commerce.AddOns.Manager.dll and EPiServer.Commerce.AddOns.UI.dll in modusesbin and the two folders - EPiServer.Commerce.AddOns.Manager and EPiServer.Commerce.AddOns.UI in "appdata").

But now there is no sub-tab "Catalog".

Dec 17, 2013 9:24
Vote:

Something must have gone wrong in the installation if you didn't even have the addon files. Perhaps you are missing something more in config etc. I suggest you do another installation and see if you can get it working there. Then compare the config files, modulesbin, appdata etc.

Dec 17, 2013 11:19
Vote:

No doubt you have found other ways around this by now, but if (like me) someone else stumbles upon this post looking for a solution to this problem, I resolved it by making sure that the directory of the CMS instance you are adding Commerce Manager to into isn't read-only.

It seems that there are several config changes and additonal files which need to be added to the CMS install which can't be written by the Commerce installer if you keep the default permissions set up by the original CMS install. Added to this, the Commerce installer doesn't seem to tell you it can't write the files during installation - it just returns a messge of "Finished".

Hope this helps!

Feb 19, 2014 16:06
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.