Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Extend Business Foundation CRUD pages in Commerce Manager

Vote:

Hey all,

So we will be using busines foundation to create many custom objects for our application and we also have a requirement for an admin to be able to manage the data in these objects.

I know BF gives you basic CRUD operations, my question is whetehr there is any way to extend or add functionality to these out of the box pages, for example add the ability to manage child relationships to that object or link from this page to a custom admin page we could create.

I just dont want to re-create the standard CRUD operations and have to rebuild the forms and the validation just to be able to put the management of all the data in one location.

I hope ive explained this well, can anyone assist?

Cheers,

Kevin

Nov 10, 2013 7:58
Vote:

Hello!

Have you seen this? Maybe that could be a way.
http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/Customizations-of-EPiServer-Commerce-Manager-/

Or you can use something like this with a standard .ASPX page and get it visible in Cms admin tools section.

[GuiPlugIn(DisplayName = "My special admin tool page", Description = "Do some custom things", Area = PlugInArea.AdminMenu, Url = "~/AdminTools/Custompage.aspx")]
    public partial class MyAdminTools : EPiServer.UI.SystemPageBase
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            //Make sure that only logged in users that can access this page
            if (HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated)
            {

}
            else
            {
                Response.End();
            }

if (!IsPostBack)
            {

}
        }

/M

Nov 23, 2013 20:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.