Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error: Workflow generated an exception, please look at the previous error for more details

Vote:

Hi all,

In ECF Manager/Order Management/Carts/Open a cart Order/click More Action/Convert to PurchaseOrder/

Then i get: Failed to create purchage order. Error: Workflow generated an exception, please look at the previous error for more details.

Where can i read about the "previous error"?

Oct 15, 2012 14:12
Vote:

Hi Lucster,

Currently, the error processing in the workflow actitivies isn't quite where it should be. Sometimes errors do not bubble up to the top level very well, hence the nebulous "prevoius error" message.

Your best bet at the moment is to examine the System Logs in Commerce Manager and see at what point along the activities your exception is being thrown. You can find this in Commerce Manager by clicking Adminitration -> System Settings -> Logs -> System Logs.

Oct 16, 2012 0:10
Vote:

Nope, reflected CartCreatePurchaseOrderHandler and no trace of loging. What you see is what you get :(

Oct 16, 2012 13:28
Vote:

Hi Lucster,

Could you specify your Commerce version? And could you provide replication steps that allow you to reproduce the error?

Oct 16, 2012 18:37
Vote:

I don't know, it works localy, on the liveserver it works sometimes on some user carts, sometimes the SKUs don't follow to the order. It would be nice to know what are the criterias, like the user needs to have a default shipping adress or what ever.

Product Version: 5.2 (build: 377), we will soon upgrade to SP2.

Oct 16, 2012 22:05
Vote:

Keep in mind that if you do upgrade to SP2, the ability to convert a shopping cart to purchase order was removed due to a number of issues with cart to purchase order conversion.

Regarding the issue, you should be able to create purchase orders even if the customer does not have an associated billing/shipping address (since you can technically convert "anonymous" shopping carts as well). Perhaps certain SKUs when added to cart and then converted are culprit. But without a reproducible case or log, it's a bit hard to diagnose :(.

If you continue to have issues, you can generate a support ticket and we can troubleshoot it further from there.

Oct 18, 2012 21:08
Vote:

Hi Richly,

No i didn't know that this feature is removed. Does this change affect how the checkout procedure is programmed, or are the method backward compatible? We will wait for the upgrade to be implemented before taking further actions. Thank you for your support.

Oct 19, 2012 8:59
Vote:

Hi Lucster,

I'm not sure of any side effects of the change, perhaps somewhere else here can clarify that? But yes, the convert from shopping cart was removed in SP2, so you may want to hold off from upgrading to SP2 in the meantime. 

Edited, Oct 25, 2012 19:41
Vote:

Hi Lucster,

Your error seems to be related to metafields missing in your production environment. I've come accross this several times when the metafields or metaclasses don't match in dev and prod.

/Sven

Jan 07, 2013 8:38
Vote:

Thanks Sven, I will check for differencies.

Jan 07, 2013 8:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.