Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

exception - When installing R2

Vote:

I'm trying to install commerce 1.1 (R2).

After the  wizard I get exception:

Error - The WriteObject and WriteError methods cannot be called from outside the overrides of the BeginProcessing, ProcessRecord, and EndProcessing methods, and only from that same thread. Validate that the cmdlet makes these calls correctly, or please contact Microsoft Support Services.

I have installed a plain cms site. Witch works fine.
Everything is local except the sql server 2005.

What are the reasons that R2 require Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP1 64 bit ?

Is it just because it's not testet with any lower version of sql server ? 

May 30, 2011 12:54
Vote:

I got the same error. The trick is to do the installation step by step. 

1. Install an empty EPiServer CMS site
  2. Install EPiServer Commerce on the same site
  3. Install EPiServer Commerce Sample 

All using EPiServer Deployment Center

May 31, 2011 9:36
Vote:

Please try the following:

• Use SQL Authentication (the user need to be in the SysAdmin role)
  • Do not have any special characters in the database name, especially dash, period, quoutes (of any kind) or spaces
  • Make sure the sql user names do not contain spaces or other special characters (as above)
  • If you do not have SQL Server installed locally, please install the SQL Server Native Client and SQL Server Command Line Utility for the version you're using. (2008 R2 can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEB4346F-657F-4D28-83F5-AAE0C5C83D52)
  • Make sure the sqlcmd.exe file is in the system path. You might have to add it yourself and reboot in order for this to work.

Best Regards,

Steve Celius

Edited, May 31, 2011 15:35
Vote:

I tried all of the above steps usin the sa user with SQL 2008 installed locally on Windows Server 2008 x86 SP2, but I still recieved the same error. sa is in the sysadmin role. The path to sqlcmd.exe was set and the server rebooted, but the same error.

Installing the CMS site, Commerce and Commerce Sample separately was the only way I could get around the problem and install without an error.

Regards

Dave Green

Jul 19, 2011 15:42
Vote:

Any updates on this? I have tried installing everything separately. However I keep receiving the same error:

Error - The WriteObject and WriteError methods cannot be called from outside the overrides of the BeginProcessing, ProcessRecord, and EndProcessing methods, and only from that same thread. Validate that the cmdlet makes these calls correctly, or please contact Microsoft Support Services.

Feb 15, 2012 15:52
Vote:

Same issue here, when upgrading.

First though, I received an error "Cannot evaluate a null expression"-like message. This was due to the fact that the installer doesn't support the configSource-attribute specified on the <appSettings>-element. Easily fixed, but still, that too needs to be fixed.

Edited, Apr 04, 2012 17:57
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.