Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

OR Mapper?

Vote:

Hi,

For an upcoming POC we have to know what kind of entity-relationship architecture EPiServer Commerce offers.

We are going to import data from a backoffice database and use the EPiServer Commerce API to create/delete/update catalogentries in the Mediachase db.

I already have seen an example of how to create a catalog entry, but I don't know how far the EPiServer Commerce API is going to help me as a developer to perform cascading deletes or create relationships between for instance products and variances.

Is this offered from within the API (like an OR Mapper such as the .NET entity framework is or like nhibernate)?

If so, is there an example of a cascading delete/relationship insert that I can use as a reference?

Kind regards,

Apr 11, 2011 17:50
Vote:

Maybe this will help:

http://sdk.episerver.com/commerce/1.1/Content/Developers%20Guide/Catalog%20System/Catalog%20How%20To%20Code%20Samples/Writing%20Event%20Handlers.htm

It comes from: 

http://sdk.episerver.com/commerce/1.1/default.htm

It shows you how you can add event listeners to the catalogue system (similar to the DataFactory events in CMS). You could use this to create custom handlers to implement your specific business logic.

Hope it helps!

Apr 12, 2011 14:03
Vote:

Hi David,

Ok that is also a possbile solution. I was looking for the api to handle this stuff itself (cascading deletes for instance are not handled in the case a contact is deleted => the addresses of the contact still remain in the db). But with handlers it should be possible to implement these constraints yourself in the correct order.

Thanks!

Jun 01, 2011 9:18
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.