Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Database timestamps differs from Commerce back-end timestamps

Vote:

Hi,

We have an issue with the timestamps in our databases, they seem to differ by -2 hours ( in local db, systemtest and in uac) compared to Commerce manager.

If i look in Commerce manager at i.e. a sku, it shows the time available from 10:00, but in the db it says 08.00. This makes the time stamps unreliable when reading and writing values to the database (we don't know if it's going to change with daylight saving etc, or differ in other environments). 

Do any of you know why this happens?

Regards,

Tim 

Oct 19, 2011 10:37
Vote:

The raw dates saved to the database by commerce are from my experience UTC, and for instance the order creation date in the commerce admin is presented in the servers timezone.

It got quite clear when I edited the order list control in the commerce manager, and added another date column. I forgot to set the column type to DateTime which resulted in a 2 hour time difference.

Regards,

Jonas

Oct 25, 2011 10:48
Vote:

Hi,

You're right, they are using UTC (talked with support too). 

It doesn’t pose so much of a problem if you are using the standard API, but if you’re working directly against the database (or new metafields as you mention) it needs to be taken into account. 

Regards,

Tim

Oct 28, 2011 12:57
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.