Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Sample

Vote:

Hi,

I am having problems installing EPiServer Commerce.

- I installed EPiServer CMS 6.0. It seems to be running.

- I installed EPiServer Commerce. It seems to be running as well, in a different website, not related to the CMS.

- Tried to install EPiServer Commerce Sample, but encountered the following error:

Error - Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Sample, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I wish to install EPiServer Commerce and develop for it. What should I do?

Rotem

Sep 20, 2010 18:16
Vote:

Update:

I erased everything, uninstalled EpiServer Deployment Center and started all over again.

Now I have the CMS 6 installed together with the Commerce Manager at the same admin panel, which is working as well.

My only problem now is installing the sample commerce website, same error as mentioned in my first post.

-- Rotem

Sep 21, 2010 23:33
Vote:

Hi Rotem,

I think you need to compile the Commerce Sample project, before you can continue. Have you tried that?

Sep 22, 2010 9:07
Vote:

Thanks Tobias.

I tried to compile the project and received the following errors in several places:

Error 6 'Mediachase.Search.SearchManager' does not contain a definition for 'GetIndexSearcher' and no extension method 'GetIndexSearcher' accepting a first argument of type 'Mediachase.Search.SearchManager' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.0\Install\Modules\EPiServer Commerce Sample\Application\Templates\Commerce\Pages\ProductListing.aspx.cs 113 54 CommerceSample

Error 6 'Mediachase.Search.SearchManager' does not contain a definition for 'GetIndexSearcher' and no extension method 'GetIndexSearcher' accepting a first argument of type 'Mediachase.Search.SearchManager' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.0\Install\Modules\EPiServer Commerce Sample\Application\Templates\Commerce\Pages\ProductListing.aspx.cs 113 54 CommerceSample

---

As a side note, how come this is not documented? or is it? :)

---

Thanks,

Rotem

Oct 18, 2010 17:06
Vote:

Check what version of the EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Sample you have in your bin-folder. If it's not 1.0.0.0, then you need to add a assembly redirect in your web.config and point to the new version. Also which version of Commerce do you have? 1.0 SP1?

Regarding the documentation, it have worked without a hitch before.

Oct 18, 2010 17:15
Vote:

<p>Hi Rotem,</p> <p>I have blogged about the installation process here: <br /><a href="http://www.epinova.no/blog/arild-henrichsen/dates/2010/9/episerver-ecommerce-installation---redoux/">http://www.epinova.no/blog/arild-henrichsen/dates/2010/9/episerver-ecommerce-installation---redoux/</a></p> <p>You should not have to compile anything, the Sample pack should install smoothly.</p>
Edited, Oct 18, 2010 20:11
Vote:

I am running into this same error as well when trying to install the sample.  "Error - Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Sample, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I am using "EPiServer CMS 6.0.530.0.zip" and "EPiServer Commerce 1.0 SP1.msi" to install episerver and the commerce part.

I followed the instructions on episerver's documentation as well as Arild Henrichsen's instructions on his blog.  Both result in this issue.

Anybody come up with a solution to this issue?

Jan 18, 2011 21:15
Vote:

No solution, but I would suggest you re-donwload the msi package, save it and run it again to see if it fixes itself.

Jan 31, 2011 8:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.