Spent a couple of hours last night installing Commerce 5.0 SP1. I installed to a local IIS 7.0 web server running Windows 7 64 bit.
It took several attempts and I had to clean up fully on every failure. Follow the install and post install instructions very carefully.
1) Use a clean EPiServer 6.0 site with no Public Templates first (do NOT install any modules)
2) If you fail clean up everything before re-trying (delete directories, IIS content and SQL databases). I think it was the 8th attempt for me!
3) Essential to get youself a temporary license, if you don't have a full one and put it in DURING the installation
4) I kept 3.5 when converting sample application to VS2010 but you could try .NET 4.0 if you are feeling brave
5) I deleted the following block which I suspect was due to missing assembly ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 . This made a system.web.extensions warning message disappear. You could install the assembly but I did not fancy that.
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" /> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52" newVersion="184.108.40.206" /> </dependentAssembly> </assemblyBinding>
6) I have now successfully re-compiled on VS2010 and am working through the Developer manual.
I still have some warning messages and I don't like warning messages!