Episerver find - Developer Demo Services (Unauthorized)

Vote:
 

Hello,

Im trying to creating a developer service, but something seems to be wrong.

The newly created service returns

{"status":401,"error":"Unauthorized"}

Is it just me or is something elso going on?

Felicia

#204242
May 23, 2019 13:55
Vote:
 

Me too, can't index at all right now.

#204250
May 23, 2019 14:43
Vote:
 

Hi Felicia,

First of all, where are you seeing that error?

Apologies if you've checked this already but what's the status of your index if you view it under "My Services". It should have a status of CreatedWithStats like this:

New indexes are generally up and running within a few minutes but, on occasion it may take a little while longer.

#204252
May 23, 2019 14:50
Vote:
 

Hi Paul,

Im seeing it when im trying to do a search, when im running the content indexing job and also if i try to access the service url in the browser. 
I created the first one more than 3h ago, still not working. The status is CreatedWithStats.

#204254
May 23, 2019 14:56
Vote:
 

Same with me. My index is "CreatedWithStats" but when running "EPiServer Find Content Indexing Job" it constantly reports "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. Unauthorized (see log for more information)". If I try the private service URL in a browser it replies with a JSON snippet: {"status":403,"error":"Forbidden"}.

Nor did I get any email with the configuration (XML) when creating the index, as you usually do, so it seems something is currently broken.

#204255
May 23, 2019 14:57
f.chef - May 23, 2019 15:17
Hi Joakim,
Did u create that service today?
Joakim Regnström - May 23, 2019 15:27
Yes, I've tried to create several throughout today. I've even tried to clear one index, only to have it pending with status "ToBeReCreatedWithStats".
f.chef - May 23, 2019 15:41
Same here, tried that also.
Vote:
 

Ok. I wanted to check the basics just to be sure but looks like it's an issue with new Find developer indexes. I can see the same issue if I create a new index. Existing indexes seem to work fine.

I think the {"status":403,"error":"Forbidden"} is expected if you call the URL directly though.

#204261
May 23, 2019 15:27
Joakim Regnström - May 23, 2019 15:29
I've got a "401 Unauthorized" JSON also directly from the browser, but only earlier today,
f.chef - May 23, 2019 15:40
Ok, thanks for checking.
Vote:
 

Last evening I got the "Your index is created" e-mail for the very first index I created yesterday (a couple more still pending though) and it eventually begun working. Don't know if the EPi people did anything on their end or if it was just a long delay (about half a day) in the service. At least I got one index working now.

#204278
May 24, 2019 8:20
Vote:
 

Same here, got the emails last evening. My indexes created yesterday are still not working though.
I created a new one today and that one is working without any issues.

Felicia

#204279
May 24, 2019 8:22
Joakim Regnström - May 24, 2019 8:24
Great!
Vote:
 

Just created an index and seems to have the same problem, are there any current problems with the demo indexes?

#211398
Jan 07, 2020 13:19
David Brooks - Jan 07, 2020 16:00
Same here
drengashi - Jan 08, 2020 11:43
Same here
David Tellander - Jan 08, 2020 13:39
+1
drengashi - Jan 08, 2020 13:43
After some hours I received "New EPiServer Find Index" emails for my service, now I can rebuild and use this developer service within the application. that's enough for me for now, however calling the url returns still {"status":403,"error":"Forbidden"}.
Vote:
 

I have not the exact same problem, however the Demo-index does seem to have problems. When I want to (re)index the demo-index with the function 'Episerver Find Content Indexing Job' and 'Start manually' i receive a blank page in Chrome. In Firefox the error reads:

XML-parsefout: geen hoofdelement gevonden
Locatie: http://hint-test.hro.nl/EPiServer/CMS/Admin/DatabaseJob.aspx?pluginId=274&ticket=ST-4838063-NDkWKiJbo6ETbbusfiIaXOZIXic3bsLxPo6-20
Regelnummer 1, kolom 1:

In english means that it is missing a root element on Linenumber 1, column 1

#211424
Jan 08, 2020 12:38
ronald hartman - Jan 08, 2020 15:57
When checking the Browser console, the error reads : Error 413 (Request Entity Too Large)
Robin Edkvist - Jan 13, 2020 8:28
I've had this problem before and fixed it by clearing the tblScheduledItemLog table in the cms db for all entries related to the Episerver Find Content Indexing job. You can get the id of the job in the table tblScheduledItem.
ronald hartman - Jan 13, 2020 9:46
Wow this appears to be fixing the problem! Thanks!
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.